Wednesday, January 28, 2009

hills, hills, hills (to the tune of "bills, bills, bills")

last night we did hills, or rather, one hill repeatedly, in central park. cat hill. if you ask me we should be running that huge ass hill at the top of the park, but whatevs, i guess its better to start smaller so that you can actually run it more than once. we ran it 5 times. i really dont mind hills because when you run up it, you get to run down it. i'm really good at recovering. i do not push myself on the recovery. maybe i should be pushing myself harder because ramon was like, 'dont be afraid to sweat ladies! that's what waterproof makeup is for' hahaha. .. like i could sweat in 25ยบ weather even if i wanted to.

my biggest concern at this point is honestly the temperature difference that is going to exist in nashville. i mean, its not florida, but still .. running in florida in DECEMBER i was like holy eff i can do about 6 miles it is sooo hot and makes me want to vomit (which, in fact, i have done on more than one occasion).

i hope it stays in the 30s for the next several times we run. saturday is a long run and then sunday bridge and i are doing the 4-miler. im bummed bc im gonna be in florida when its the bronx half-marathon on feb 8, but i think i will just run my own half in florida, it will give me a better idea of the temps anyways.

xox

1 comment:

  1. OH man! Run your own half while I run this lame on in NYC!! I'm jealous! Also, I need to practice running hills! You want to come out with me to Central Park!! (ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete